- Where’s the closest and cheapest hotel/motel to our destination? (Likely a Super 8. BOOKED!)
- Where is the next McDonald's? (Likely just around the corner. PARKED!)
- What does this price include?
- By the time they add parking and the internet charges, is that room still a good deal?
- Do they charge for carry-ons?
- Is this coupon for the rental car going to save me money, or is it cheaper using AAA?
- Wonder if that hotel still has AARP rates available?
- If I choose this best-price set of flights, yet I’m knowingly flirting with missed connections... Hel-LO!
- The neighborhood has changed to not-so-safe anymore.
- What are my flight alternatives if/when weather turns bad? Perhaps I should choose another airport.
- Sure, I got that super-good, uber upgraded Priceline steal on that hotel, but transportation hassles to get from their location to the book gig ruined my day and offset any savings.
- Does a manager’s reception really matter to me? (Right about now, a cocktail sounds like a terrific idea, especially a free one!)
- What have others said about this location? Do I trust them? Maybe they're impossible people who complain about everything or are related to the owner.
- Do I need a restaurant nearby? Their continental breakfast might not include an ounce of protein.
- Is there a refrigerator and/or microwave in the room?
- Where is that bedbug list posted again, and why didn’t I bookmark it the last time?!
- Okay, I never heard of this chain, but thankfully, research shows travelers did enjoy their stays ... Oh. Back in 2008.
DOLT! DOLT! DOLT!
A QUESTION FOR YOU, DEAR READERS:
Out of curiosity, does anyone else play this tormenting game? Or do you just trip your trigger, make your reservations and move on, satisfied that any money saved wouldn't be worth the hassles or your time?
Please let me know in the comments section. So I can either set up my therapy session or tell me husband, SEEEEEEE?! I'M NOT ALONE!